We can help with income assistance problems including denials, cancellations and overpayments.
Several government programs offer income assistance, including:
- Ontario Works - financial assistance for people who have no other income
- Ontario Disability Support Program - income support for people who have a disability and are not able to work
- Canada Pension Plan Disability - income support for people who were previously working but are now unable to work because of a disability
- Employment Insurance - financial assistance if you are temporarily not working
- Canada Child Benefit - monthly payment to parents with children under age 18
- Canada Pension Plan Retirement Pension (CPP-R) - pension for persons who contributed to the plan while working
- Old Age Security (OAS) - pension/benefits paid to eligible persons at age 65
- Guaranteed Income Supplement - benefits paid to top-up the income of persons whose combined CPP and OAS pensions are below a certain amount.
The Steps to Justice website offers step-by-step information about income assistance and other common legal problems.